Building Surveyors Croydon

Chartered Building Surveying services throughout Croydon and the surrounding areas.

Murrins Chartered Surveyors provide Chartered Building Surveying services to both homeowners and business throughout Croydon, delivering expert advice on your project at every stage.

The range of services that we offer are comprehensive and include Building Surveys (formerly known as Structural Surveys), RICS Homebuyer’s Reports, schedules of condition, defect analysis, repairs and redecorations, party wall services, as well as project services including architectural design, contract administration, and project management.

To talk to a surveyor about your requirements in Croydon, please contact us.

All our surveys are carried out by Chartered Surveyors with MRICS status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. This ensures that you get the quality and expertise that you expect.

Our building surveying services available to clients in the Croydon area include:

Building Surveys

RICS Homebuyer’s Reports

 Preparing schedules of condition.

 Architecture and project management services.

 Providing advice on how to comply with the Party Wall etc Act 1996.

Areas Covered

We provide building surveying services across Croydon, and in the following areas:

Building Surveyor in Addington Building Surveyor in Addiscombe Building Surveyor in Ashburton Building Surveyor in Beddington Building Surveyor in Broad Green
Building Surveyor in Coombe Building Surveyor in Coulsdon Building Surveyor in Croydon
Building Surveyor in Crystal Palace
Building Surveyor in Forestdale Building Surveyor in Hamsey Green
Building Surveyor in Kenley Building Surveyor in Monks Orchard
Building Surveyor in New Addington
Building Surveyor in Norbury Building Surveyor in Norwood New Town
Building Surveyor in Old Coulsdon
Building Surveyor in Pollards Hill
Building Surveyor in Purley Building Surveyor in Roundshaw Building Surveyor in Sanderstead Building Surveyor in Selhurst Building Surveyor in Selsdon Building Surveyor in Shirley
Building Surveyor in South Croydon
Building Surveyor in South Norwood
Building Surveyor in Thornton Heath
Building Surveyor in Upper Norwood
Building Surveyor in Upper Shirley
Building Surveyor in Waddon Building Surveyor in Woodcote Building Surveyor in Woodside
Building Surveyor in Whyteleafe

As well as providing chartered building surveyor services in the areas above, we also offer our all our services in the following postcode areas:

CR1, CR2, CR3, CR4, CR5, CR6, CR7, CR8, and CR9.

If you are unsure if we can provide building surveying services in your area, please contact us or use the form on this page to send us an enquiry.


Latest Projects

Chartered surveyorsChartered Surveyors Croydon

If you require building surveying services in the Croydon area, please contact us on the details below, or using the form.

t: 0207 112 88 77


Murrins Surveyors is an RICS Regulated Firm.

party walls london

Guidance and Further Information

Which survey should I get?

Should I get a Building Survey (Full Structural Survey) for a property in Croydon, or would a Homebuyer’s Report be a better option?

In deciding whether a Building Survey or a Homebuyer’s Report would be more appropriate for your property in Croydon, you should consider, the age of the building, and whether it has been altered significantly.

If the building was constructed before the 1990s, have been substantially modified, or is of an unusual construction, then it is recommended that you have a Building Survey carried out.

This is because the Building Survey provides considerably more information about the property. A Building Survey provides a detailed assessment of all the building fabric and services, whilst a Homebuyer’s Report provides a limited overview of the condition of the property.

A Building Survey is more expensive than a Homebuyer’s Report, but it is almost much more detailed, and therefore is recommended if your building is old or has been altered.

If you would like more advice, or require a Building Survey or Homebuyer’s Report in Croydon, then please contact us, or call us on 0207 112 88 77.

What will your survey involve?

Once you get in touch with us, we will advise you on the best type of survey for the property you require and the situation you are in, be it purchase, sale, or maintenance.

Following that, we will provide you with a competitive fixed fee price to carry out the survey which you are under no obligation to accept.

Should you accept our fee, a Chartered Building Survey will arrange a convenient time with you or the vendor to visit the property to carry out the survey.

Following the survey, the surveyor will issue the completed Building Survey or Hombuyer’s Report to you within two weeks.

This can then be used by you to help consider your purchase further, or for any other purpose you require.

All our surveys are carried out by surveyors who are Chartered Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors which gives you the peace of mind you need, and the expertise you expect.

What is a party wall award?

A Party Wall Award, sometimes referred to a Party Wall Agreement, is a legally binding document that is drafted and served by the surveyors appointed by either the building owner, or both the building owner and the adjoining owner. The Award sets out the nature that the works are to proceeded including working hours, methods, and access for third parties.

In most cases the Award will include a Schedule of Condition which details the condition of the areas of the adjoining owner’s property that are likely to be affected by the proposed works. This can then be used in the event that a dispute arrises relating to any damage caused by the works.

Party Wall Awards should only be prepared by those with experience and who understand the Act and have a good understanding of construction. This is why it is most appropriate to appoint a Chartered Surveyor to prepare the Award.