Party Structure Notice Generator

We have created the below form to make it easy for you to quickly and easily generate party wall notices.

Complete the form below if you plan to do works to the party wall or structure between your property and another. Once we have received the form we will complete your notices and serve them to you within 24 hours. If you get stuck, you can refer to the guidance notes on this page.

If you enter the information correctly then the notices will be fully compliant with the Party Wall Act. However, if you would like added peace of mind we can review your project drawings, advise on which notices are needed, and prepare and serve your notices on your behalf.

Surveyor prepared party wall notices. Alternatively, call us on 0207 112 88 77, or email


free party structure notice

Party Structure Notice

A Party Structure Notice is required when you plan to carry out works directly to a party wall or structure. The notice must be served at least 2 months before your start the works.

Completing the Form

You must complete the form as accurately as possible and know the address of the freeholder of the adjoining property, which may be different from the property itself. If you do not know this you can find it out by doing a search of the Land Registry, here.

You will also need to appoint a surveyor to act for you, or use one of our in-house surveyors. More information is available as you go through the form to help you do this.

Getting Your Notices

Once you have completed the form you will be sent the party wall notice to your email. Please check your spam folder. The notice is ready to print, sign and send.

Ensure that when you serve your notice on your neighbour you include any relevant drawings, including structural drawings, to accompany it and to assist you neighbour in understanding the works.

The Party Wall Act

The Party Wall etc Act 1996, applies where you intend to carry out work to a party wall, excavate close to a neighbouring property, or build on the boundary line.  The work may be the erection of a new structure, changes to an existing structure or an intention to carry out excavations within a specified distance of an Adjoining Owner’s property.  A common situation where the Party Wall Act applies if where you intend to insert steel beams into a party wall, or excavate for new foundations for an extension to the side or rear of your property. Another situation is if you want to remove an adjoining chimney.  In many of these situations notice may need to be served in accordance with the Act and a subsequent Award may be required.

Party Structure Notices

A Party Structure Notice is a notice served under the Party Wall etc Act 1996 which notifies your neighbours of your intentions to carry out works to a party wall. The works covered within this notice are detailed in section 2 of the Act and include things such as inserting beams, cutting into a party wall, underpinning, demolishing a party wall, or inserting flashings.

A Party Structure Notice must be served at least 2 months before you intend to carry out the works. This is twice as long as the two other types of party wall notice.

For a notice to be compliant it must provide details of the names and addresses of both those carrying out the works and their neighbours, as well as details about what the proposed works are. By completing the form above, all necessary information will be compiled in order to ensure you instantly receive compliant party wall notices.

Our Free Party Structure Notice generator can be used across the country, including in:

London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol, Birmingham, Bath, Croydon, Bromley, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, Nottingham, Hull, Lincoln, Chester, Gloucester, Leicester, Leeds, Sheffield, Canterbury.

Looking for a Party Wall Surveyor?

If you require a Chartered Party Wall Surveyor in the London or South East of England, please contact us and we will be more than happy to advise you on any party wall matters you have, or to act on your behalf in a party wall matter.

Contact a surveyor